The 2019 Spirit of Mazda recipient will receive not only the accolade, but a scholarship valued at $2,500. Meet and vote for your top choice among the 20 nominated road racers.
Over the years, some outstanding representatives of the Spirit of Mazda have been chosen as recipients of the monthly award. The award, however, has transitioned into an annual one. And with this evolution has come a more significant prize for the award recipient. To learn more about the process and timelines, click here.
The seven principles to consider when you vote for a Spirit of Mazda nominee:
- Integrity – We keep acting with integrity toward our customers, society and our own work.
- Basics/Flawless Execution – We devote ourselves to the basics and make steady efforts in a step-by-step fashion.
- Continuous Kaizen – We continue to improve with wisdom and ingenuity.
- Challenger Spirit – We set a high goal and keep challenging to achieve it.
- Self-Initiative – We think and act with “self-initiative.”
- Tomoiku – We learn and teach each other for our mutual growth and success.
- One Mazda – We think and act with the view of “Global” and “One Mazda.”
- Todd Buras – Spec Miata National Champ
- Glenn Long – Developed and Built the Global MX-5 Cup Race Cars, Leading an All-Star Team & Contributed Much More to the Greater Motorsports Community
- Jim Drago – E Street Racing Owner/Racer, Accounting for 6 SCCA Runoffs Championships & 3 NASA Spec Miata Championships
- Mark Weber – E Prod & F Prod Racer (60 SCCA Runoffs Races)
- Eric Prill – 2x F Prod National Champ & Solo Nationals Champ
- Jeff Dernehl – SCCA GT-3 Champ & GT-3 Challenge Presented by MPI Champ
- Rob Warkocki – 2x SCCA GT-3 National Champ
- Danny Steyn – 2x STL National Champ
- Hannah Grisham – Teen Mazda Challenge Champ
- Jared Thomas – Spec Miata Racer & MRT24 Shootout Winner
- Matthew Dirks –Teen Mazda Challenge Champ & MRT24 Scholarship 2x Finalist
- Justin Casey – Spec Miata Racer
- Tyler Quance – SCCA Southern Conference Points Champ in Spec Miata and T4
- John Hainsworth – E Prod Racer
- Michael Lewis – 2x 24-Hour of Le Mans Participant, 4x SCCA GT-3 National Champ & 5x SCCA GT-1 National Champ
- John Dean II – 2x Battery Tender MX-5 Cup Champ
- Nathanial Sparks – Battery Tender MX-5 Cup Champ
- Michael and Mickey Carter – Son/Father MX-5 Cup ROY and MRT24 Scholarship Recipient
- Dan Pardus – Former NASCAR Racer & Father and Crew for Preston Pardus
- Kent Prather – 8x SCCA National Champ
- Lisa Caceres – President – Race Karts! Inc. & Nor Cal Team Series Leader – NASA Teen Mazda Challenge