Mazda Team Support Program Membership: Terms & Conditions
The Mazda Team Support Program (MTSP) provides Mazda racers and track day participants in the U.S with special access to Mazda parts, technical support and eligibility for Mazda’s Contingency Awards Program. Mazda racers and track day competitors who compete in Canada are only eligible for technical support.
The MTSP was launched in 1990 to help Mazda racers defray the cost of racing, and improve the overall experience driving cars they love. Tens of thousands of Mazda racers have enrolled in the program, resulting in more Mazda’s being road-raced on any given weekend than any other brand.
To join the MTSP, please read the following Terms & Conditions and confirm your agreement. Your agreement is required for to purchase stock (Mazda O.E.) parts, competition (non-Mazda O.E.) parts, technical support, and contingency awards.
The Mazda Motorsports program is intended for use within the U.S and Canada. If you are in another country, please contact your local Mazda distributor about racing support.
By entering this site, you agree that this site is intended for viewing within the United States and Canada only, and will only be construed according to United States or Canadian law, depending on whether you are viewing this site from a U.S. or Canadian location. If you use this site from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with any and all applicable local laws, rules and regulations. Mazda makes no representations that the materials contained within this site are appropriate for locations outside the United States or Canada.
In order to obtain parts from Mazda Motor of America, Inc., d/b/a Mazda North American Operations (“Mazda”), you must:
- Be a member of a recognized race sanctioning body or club (e.g., SCCA, NASA, WRL, AER, ChampCar, Lucky Dog, IMSA) that holds official off-highway race or track day events (e.g., road race, autocross, track day, time trial, rally, drag) in the U.S. Car clubs not included.
- Have an MTSP number and must have submitted one (1) official race result or track day participation from the past 24 months to Mazda Motorsports. (Note: Your MTSP number can be found under the shopping cart once logged in to MazdaMotorsports.com.)
- Race results must include driver’s name, Mazda model or Mazda engine reference (formula cars and sports racing cars), racing class, finishing position and event name and track, and date of event. Eligible events include those held within the U.S. only.
Track day results must include all of the above, less the racing class and finishing position.
- If you have not competed in a race or track day event, but are building a race or track day car, you must provide a copy of your membership card/racing license for the racing or track day organization in which you plan to compete/participate. A photo of your race or track day car must be submitted along with a copy of your membership card. A maximum period of twelve (12) months is allowed for building your race or track day car before having to participate in an event to remain current in the MTSP.
- Submit one (1) official race result or track day event participation every 24 months in order to maintain your active status in the MTSP and remain eligible to obtain stock (Mazda O.E.) and competition parts.
- To submit your documents (e.g., official race results, membership card copies, vehicle photos, etc.), please upload them to your MTSP account on MazdaMotorsports.com after agreeing to the Terms & Conditions.
- For questions or additional information, please contact Mazda Motorsports’ competition parts department at 800-435-2508 between 6:30 am and 3:30 pm PT Monday – Friday.
Requirements & Restrictions:
You are eligible to obtain Mazda stock and competition parts direct from Mazda Motorsports’ competition parts department under the following conditions:
- Completion of the online registration form and submission of an official race or track day participation result, or race sanctioning body membership card, and photo or your Mazda race car.
- Membership extends for two years (from the date of your race result or track day participation that you submitted).
- Race result(s) or track day participation must be for events held within U.S and Canada (see above).
- All Mazda stock parts and accessories obtained from Mazda Motorsports (purchased or provided as support) are intended for use on your registered Mazda race vehicle(s) only. Stock parts obtained from Mazda Motorsports may not be resold or obtained on behalf of another racer (unless you are registered as a race shop or engine/transmission rebuilder – see limitations below).
- Racer or track day participant is expected to maintain his or her online vehicle profile (deleting or adding cars, changing/updating classes, etc.).
- Race or track day participation result(s) submitted must designate the applicable vehicle (year, model, class) if more than one vehicle is registered in profile.
- Racer or track day participant is restricted from ordering Mazda stock parts for any vehicle not registered or without current (within past 24 months) race result(s) on file.
- Mazda interior trim parts may not be ordered unless the item is required by class rules. Otherwise, prior written approval must be obtained from a Mazda Motorsports manager.
- Exterior body panels and interior trim components may not be ordered by Solo/Autocross competitors unless approved by a Mazda Motorsports manager.
- A maximum order quantity may be applied to any part number(s) at Mazda’s sole discretion.
- Authorized race shops and engine/transmission builders may purchase Mazda stock parts to maintain Mazda race cars and components owned by MTSP members only. The shop must provide racer’s or track day participant’s name and MTSP number when placing each order and racer or track day participant must be in good MTSP standing. If racer’s or track day participants’ credit card is to be used for purchase, the credit card owner must contact Mazda Motorsports’ competition parts prior to order placement. Race shop must agree and comply with these Terms & Conditions.
Any abuse of stock parts ordering privileges will result in suspension from the program.
Professional Behavior Required to Maintain MTSP Privileges:
If you or your representatives have committed or commits any act or becomes involved in any situation or occurrence which brings Mazda into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflects unfavorably upon Mazda or its products, Mazda shall have the right to immediately terminate this Agreement, with or without prior notice. This is in Mazda’s sole and absolute discretion.
Termination and Appeals Process: Mazda will notify the MTSP member of the termination of his or her MTSP Agreement. Within seven days of that point, the individual will have the right to appeal the decision by emailing why he or she should remain in the program to Motorsports Support at Supportmazdamotorsports@mazdausa.com. Please title the email’s subject line: “Appeal: MTSP Termination.” Within seven days from receipt of this email, Mazda will respond with a call, or an email. If the decision to terminate the Agreement is upheld, MNAO will consider this decision final. The individual may or may not be given the opportunity for reinstatement for a future date, which Mazda will communicate in its response to the individual. The MTSP is a privilege; it is not a right.
Disclaimer; No Warranty:
All competition and stock parts obtained from Mazda Motorsports are provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind. All implied warranties, including all warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are hereby disclaimed. You acknowledge that no representations have been made to you regarding these parts, including but not limited to any representations as to their quality or performance, and that you shall be responsible for and bear all costs of repair or replacement of any defect in or failure of these parts. You acknowledge that installation of these parts may cause your race vehicle to be unable to be lawfully used on public highways, and you assume all risks and expenses thereof. All suggested modifications and recommendations are intended solely for use on vehicles participating in off-highway competition events. You acknowledge that all Mazda vehicle warranties are voided if the vehicle is used in any Competition events. You accept all responsibility for modifications to said vehicle(s) and all potential risks. IN NO EVENT WILL MAZDA BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EVEN IF MAZDA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Although the specifications, features, illustrations, equipment and other information contained in the site are based upon up-to-date information, and while Mazda makes all commercially reasonable efforts to insure that all material, information and graphics on this site are correct, accuracy cannot be guaranteed, and Mazda makes no warranties or representations as to their accuracy.
Decal and Patch Usage Requirements
(See Mazda Contingency Awards Guideline for ordering information):
- Production or GT Vehicles: A 16″ length “Mazda” logo decal is required on nose/front bumper or front edge of hood; a 22″ length Mazda logo decal is required on each rear quarter panel above rear wheel opening
- Formula/Sports Racing Vehicles: A Mazda brand symbol (w/ Mazda logo under symbol) decal is required on front nose / a 16″ Mazda logo decal is required on each side of engine cover.
- Mazda Driver’s Suit Patch: A 5″ Mazda patch or embroidered logo is required on all Mazda driver suits (pocket area) – Patch part # 0000-10-PTCH-05
If You Already Have a Sponsorship Agreement with Mazda:
If you currently are a sponsored driver through a written sponsorship agreement with Mazda and either yourself individually or through a Race Team of which you are a member, then, the Terms & Conditions of that sponsorship agreement shall take precedence over these Terms & Conditions, to the extent of any inconsistency or conflict.
OTHER TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THIS SITE
By entering this site, you acknowledge and agree that any communication or material you transmit to this site or Mazda in any manner and for any reason will not be treated as confidential or proprietary. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that any ideas, concepts, techniques, procedures, methods, systems, designs, plans, charts, or other materials you transmit to Mazda may be used by Mazda anywhere, any time and for any reason whatsoever.
By entering this site, you acknowledge and agree that any name, logo, trademark or service mark contained on this site is owned or licensed by Mazda and may not be used by you without prior written approval from Mazda. Mazda will enforce its intellectual property rights to the full extent of the law. Sound, graphics, charts, information or images of places or people are either property of Mazda or used on this site with permission. Your use of any of these materials is prohibited unless specifically provided for on the site. Any unauthorized use of these materials may subject you to penalties or damages, including, but not limited to, those related to violation of trademarks, copyrights, privacy and publicity rights.
Although this site may be linked to other sites, Mazda is not, directly or indirectly, implying any approval, association, sponsorship, endorsement or affiliation with the linked site(s), unless specifically stated herein. By entering this site, you acknowledge and agree that Mazda has not reviewed all the sites linked to this site and is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages or any other site linked to this site. Your linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
Mazda reserves the right to revise these Terms & Conditions at any time and for any reason, and reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation, to any of the information contained on this site, including, but not limited to, colors, specifications, accessories, models, materials or other product or service features. By entering this site, you acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by any such revisions. We suggest you periodically visit this site to review its Terms & Conditions.
You will receive a username and password when you register for this site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username or password.
The requesting URLs, the machine originating the request, and the time of the request are logged for access statistics and security purposes. Use of this site constitutes consent to such monitoring. This site may be unavailable from time to time due to mechanical, telecommunication, software, hardware and third-party vendor failures. Mazda cannot predict or control when such downtime may occur, and cannot control the duration of the downtime.
IN NO EVENT WILL MAZDA BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EVEN IF MAZDA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
By entering this site, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted the Terms & Conditions
Sponsor: Mazda Motor of America, Inc., d/b/a Mazda North American Operations, 200 Spectrum, Suite 100, Irvine, California 92618.