This document describes the terms and conditions governing parts returns and claims to Mazda Motorsports.
General Returns: A part(s) that was ordered in error or no longer are desired. Must be re-sellable/new. General returns must be filed within 30 days from the invoice date.
Claims (two types):
- Re-sellable/new part(s) sent as overage, or mis-picked/wrong part in package. Re-sellable/new part(s) claims must be filed within 30 days from the invoice date.
- Overage: Parts shipped in a quantity greater than were ordered.
- Mis-picked/wrong part: Mistaken shipment from the PDC due to a PICKING error (ordered part A, received part B). This situation is identified by the picking label and part label not matching. Shipping error from the PDC or carrier (customer A receives customer B’s fender, customer B receives customer A’s headlamp).
- Damaged or shortage(s). These claims need to be filed within two business days. For all visible damage claims, documentation of the damage with the carrier (at drop off) and pictures are required within two business days of delivery.
- Damage: Material is delivered in non-saleable condition (may be visible damage seen from the outside of the box; may be concealed damage where shipping box does not indicate damage).
- Shortage: Quantity received is less than ordered.
Inspect & Don’t Reject
Upon receiving part(s), inspect immediately. Regardless of material condition, NEVER reject shipment delivery. If rejected, Mazda will not send a replacement part until the returned part is received and processed, which can take several weeks. If the part is accepted and returned through the Mazda process outlined below, a replacement part can be shipped out within one business day.
Return Limits (Excluding Damaged/Defective Claims):
- All material needs to be returned in re-sellable/new condition.
- The following types of parts may not be returned (including, but not limited to):
- Items not in their original packaging
- Parts installed on vehicles
- Items not in resalable condition
- Electrical items may not be returned if installed/plugged in
- Items that have been painted
- Special service tools
- Items not purchased from Mazda Motorsports by the customer submitting the return
- Publications, training aids and other collateral materials
- Mazda OEM parts or accessories sold at a discount through a closeout sale
Process When Initiating a Return or Claim (Required for Returns):
- If damaged, have the driver note the damage on the delivery receipt and provide you a copy. Mazda will need the copy to file a damage claim and get you a replacement or credit for the damaged part.
- Prepare the following documents and information
a. Sales order number
b. If damaged or a shortage, please take and provide Mazda Motorsport with photos of packing slip, condition of parts/packaging
c. Keep all original packaging for photos and until claim is closed
- Call Mazda Motorsports at 800.435.2508 Monday – Friday between 6:30 AM – 3:30 PM PT
- Receive an email from Mazda Motorsports with the MRA documents, and:
a. Pack the parts
b. Print your MRA Authorization Report to include it in the box being returned
Please expect a credit for returns or claims to occur 30 days from the time that the Mazda Parts Distribution Center receives the part(s). Credit will be applied to the credit card that was used to purchase the parts.
A restocking fee up to 17.5% may apply to your return.