Earlier this month, Sportscar Vintage Racing Association (SVRA) announced its revised event schedule, with a few details still to be worked out. 10 events are scheduled; five of which will host the Miata Heritage Cup, which now runs the first two generation Miatas (1990-2005; NA & NB). SVRA is working to reschedule The Road America Spring Vintage Festival originally scheduled for May 14-17, at which Miata Heritage Cup was scheduled to compete.
Revised 2020 Schedule:
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway Brickyard Invitational, June 17-21
- Vintage Grand Prix of Mid-Ohio, June 25-28 (Miata Heritage Cup)
- Portland International Raceway Vintage Racing Festival, July 23-26 (Miata Heritage Cup)
- Watkins Glen International U.S. Vintage Grand Prix, September 9-13
- Virginia International Raceway Heacock Classic Gold Cup, September 24–27 (Miata Heritage Cup)
- Lime Rock Park Festival, October 16–17 (Miata Heritage Cup)
- Savannah Speed Classic, October 24-25
- COTA U.S. Vintage National Championship, November 5–8
- Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta Grand Prix, November 19-22 (Miata Heritage Cup)
- WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca Trans Am Speedfest, December 3-6
SVRA’s end-of-season awards banquet will be rescheduled to the first race weekend of the 2021 season at Sebring.
About SVRA: Sportscar Vintage Racing Association (“SVRA”) is the premier vintage racing organization in the United States. Founded in 1978, SVRA has grown steadily to 2,500 active members with a database of over 11,000 race cars. Race weekends in 2020 take place at some of the finest racing venues in the United States, including: the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, Lime Rock Park, Sebring Raceway, Road America, Watkins Glen International, Road Atlanta, the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Portland International Raceway, Auto Club Speedway, and Virginia International Raceway (VIR). In 2013, SVRA hosted the first U.S. Vintage Racing National Championships at the Circuit of the Americas (COTA) in Austin, Texas—a tradition it continues today. Further information on SVRA, a complete annual schedule, and entry lists can be found on the SVRA website. Be sure to check our Facebook page and YouTube channel, which currently boast a library of over 300 action-packed event videos, or follow us on Twitter and Instagram.