Of the six Global Mazda MX-5 Cup cars offered in the June 21st promotion featuring a bonus pack valued at more than $8,000, two are left. Details follow.
Whether it’s Mazda’s industry-leading contingency awards program, the special parts pricing for Mazda racing customers, or one of many other unparalleled rewards programs that Mazda provides its racing customers, the focus has always been on the customer. So Mazda came out with another rewards opportunity for the motorsport’s community.
What was the promotion? Beginning June 21, 2018, the next six Global Mazda MX-5 Cup car buyers based in North America will not only receive a race car that can compete in club and pro racing, but will automatically be rewarded with a free set of BFGoodrich tires, PAGID Racing brake pads, a Battery Tender® battery charger, a custom color roll cage, MX-5 Cup entry fees, additional stock and competition racing parts, and more. This pack is courtesy of: Mazda, BFGoodrich Tires, Battery Tender®, Long Road Racing, PAGID Racing, and Andersen Promotions.
Where does the promotion stand? There are two of the six Global MX-5 Cup cars still available for purchase. Those two race car owners will receive the bonus pack.
The bonus pack includes:
- From Battery Tender®: Complimentary Battery Tender® PowerTender Plus High Efficiency 12V @ 5.0 amps. Mazda Part #: 0000-10-9250. MSRP: $99.95. Click here for product info.
- From BFGoodrich Tires (You have your choice of one of the following):
- One set of BFG g-Force slick tires for testing purposes*; Long Road Racing would deliver these tires with the new car purchase for those who are committed to running Battery Tender® Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires in 2018 or 2019. Cars must be new drivers or owners to MX-5 Cup, and the driver must have signed-up with Andersen Promotions to run one GMX-5 Cup event). Valued at $1,060. Or:
- Buy one set of four tires from Long Road Racing at the time of new car purchase and get an extra set of tires of the same tires at no extra cost. Tire options: Tire choices: g-Force slick tires for MX-5 Cup or the DOT R-compound tires for either SCCA, NASA or track day participation.
*Note: Battery Tender® Global MX-5 Cup race events require purchase of tires at the race event from the BFG trackside support program. These complimentary GMX-5 Cup tires are not for use at MX-5 Cup officially sanctioned series events.
- From Long Road Racing (LRR): Complimentary customer interior cage paint. The cage and interior tub of the Global MX-5 Cup car is painted with a single stage automotive-grade paint in a medium gray color and baked in LRR’s paint booth. If you would like a custom color to match your helmet, company logo, or favorite color, any single stage automotive paint can be selected. Retail value: $500
- From Andersen Promotions: Waived entry fees for your first Battery Tender® Global Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires event – either in the Championship Class or Challenger Class. (Must be a new competitor to the race series.)
- From PAGID Racing and Mazda’s Competition Parts Department: Complimentary Maintenance Pack (part # K-GMX5-MAIN). Racer price: $991.78. To view the parts within this kit, click here.
- From Mazda’s Competition Parts Department:
With the third race weekend of the season set for Road America June 21-23, this offer is good for the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (July 27-29), Portland International Raceway (Aug 31 – Sept 2), Monticello Motor Club in New York (Sept 28-29), or the first event of the 2019 season (date and location TBD). Value of the entry fees for a two-race event weekend in 2018: $1200. (Note, for pre-paying the 2018 season, entry fees were $6,250.)
The Challenger Class: Drivers in the Challenger Class presented by Monticello Motor Club will be self-selected, and approved by the series, with competitors that are within 103% of the quickest time in final practice not being able to continue in the class without express permission from the INDYCAR race director. The Challenger Class is open to anyone who qualifies for an INDYCAR license, which includes members from all race series, track days, country clubs, and more. For more, click here
The Global Mazda MX-5 Cup car: Utilizing the SKYACTIV-powered production Mazda MX-5 as the starting point, the car is transformed by Long Road Racing into the Global MX-5 Cup machine with a range of safety and track-oriented modifications including welding and paint of a full roll cage and interior, and assembly of the race car, adding more than 250 motorsports-specific parts. The SKYACTIV 2.0-liter engines are sealed to ensure even competition and a cost-effective platform. The price of the car is $58,900.
To order the Global MX-5 Cup car: Call or email David Cook, business development manager for Mazda Motorsports – 949.929.8494 / DCook13@MazdaUSA.com
For more information, see:
- MX-5Cup.com – MX-5 Cup series website
- BatteryTender.com – official title partner for MX-5 Cup
- LongRoadRacing.com – official builder of the MX-5 Cup car
- MaxPapisInc.com – official provider of the steering wheel
- bfgoodrichracing.com/bfgoodrich-g-force-slick-global-mazda-mx-5-cup – official race tire of MX-5 Cup
- MonticelloMotorClub.com – presenting partner of the Challenger Class
- PagidRacing.com – official brake pad partner of MX-5