The Mazda Motorsports Team Support Program is built as a resource to support Mazda racers, including track day, autocross, road racing, drag racing, rally, and more. We continue to provide more contingency awards to racers in North America than any other manufacturer; we offer tech support by calling 800-435-2508; we offer stock parts at discount to our Mazda racers; we offer our competition parts to racers AND non-racers. And we are always continuing to build on our offerings. Is it any wonder that more Mazdas are raced on any given weekend across the country than any other brand?
(2015 SCCA Runoffs – 117 Mazda’s made the picture above.)
Below are additional offerings to keep an eye out for during the remainder of 2016:
• Refresh for MazdaMotorsports.com – includes a process flow improvement for ordering stock and competition parts AND improved search capability for articles and other resources. Timeline: fall/winter launch.
• Launch of the Mazda Motorsports’ 5-speed transmission and parts – produced by EMCO Gears to replace and to be an upgrade to the old PBS MDR 5-speed transmission. Many of the new transmission parts made by EMCO can be used in the old PBS gearbox. Timeline for parts availability: summer; timeline for gearbox: fall/winter.
• Launch of the 2016 MX-5 parts for autocrossing in CS, STR and CSP – developed in conjunction with Ron Bauer. Timeline: summer for CS & STR; winter for CSP.
• SCCA Runoffs dinner banquet Wednesday, Sept 21 (details TBA); complimentary parking support; part trailer and tech support on-hand – Tech and parts support by Mazda Motorsports Specialist James Painter.
• SCCA Solo Nationals dinner banquet Tuesday, Sept 6 (details TBA) – banquet supported by Mazda Motorsports Business Development Manager David Cook.
• NASA Eastern States Championship lunch banquet Saturday, Sept 24 (details TBA) – banquet supported by Mazda Motorsports Communications Officer Dean Case.
• NASA Western States Championship lunch banquet Saturday, Oct 15 (details TBA) – banquet supported by Mazda Motorsports Communications Officer Dean Case.
• 2016 Mazda MX-5 Cup Invitational to be live streamed on Sunday, September 11 (time TBA) – because Driving Matters.
• Delivery of the 100th MX-5 Cup car – The 100th car, ordered in June by “Monticello Motor Club – North America’s Premier Country Club & Private Race Track” – to be delivered at Long Road Racing on Tuesday, Aug 23.
Mazda Motorsports boasts the most comprehensive auto racing development ladder system of any auto manufacturer in the world. The Mazda Road to 24 (#MRT24) program offers a number of scholarships to advance drivers up the sports car racing ladder, beginning with the MX-5 Cup series and culminating with the Mazda Prototype team. The Mazda Road to Indy (#MRTI) is a similar program that includes Mazda-powered categories of USF2000, Pro Mazda and Indy Lights. In grassroots road racing, more Mazdas race on any given weekend in North America than any other manufacturer. Mazda is also the title sponsor of the renowned Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, Calif. Follow all of the latest news at MazdaMotorsports.com, @MazdaRacing on Twitter, and MazdaMotorsports on Instagram and Facebook.